Projects designed to begin after 11/1/18, completed by 08/1/19, and that meet the application and selection criteria will be considered. Grants may fund instructional and classroom materials and equipment and/or activities which support teaching and learning.
Proposals must be received by the Texas School for the Deaf Foundation Office by Friday, September 28, 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. If your project is funded, an evaluation report is due within two weeks of completion of this project in order for an application to be submitted for next year.
Selection Criteria & Evaluation Rubric
- Support of the Texas School for the Deaf School Improvement Plan
- Potential to impact student growth. Sometimes projects give in-depth life-changing assistance to a few and other times, projects offer an enhanced opportunity for many students.
- Creative and innovative approach
- Degree to which the proposal is clear and logical
- Degree to which the outcomes are measurable and demonstrate student growth
Grants up to $1,000 will be awarded to individual programs or projects. The number of awards will depend on monies available from the Texas School for the Deaf Foundation. Applicants may submit more than one request. Project review and acceptance will be the responsibility of the TSD Foundation Board and decisions will be based upon a rubric corresponding to the application. The rubric may be viewed with the application online. Applicants will be notified of decisions by Monday, November 6, 2017.