Grants, Awards, and Scholarships
TSD Faculty/Staff Grants
In 2010, TSDF established a grant program, allowing TSD and ERCOD faculty and staff to apply for funding to cover the costs of individual projects (up to $1,000 each) that bring innovative and creative approaches to teaching, while also supporting the objectives, goals and initiatives of the Texas School for the Deaf Improvement Plan. All faculty/staff members of both TSD and its statewide outreach program (ERCOD) are eligible to apply. Examples of faculty/staff grants awarded by TSDF include:
- interactive learning tools, such as iPads, interactive white boards, LCD projectors, etc.
- reading incentive programs for the elementary school
- gardening equipment and supplies for kindergarten students
- kitchen supplies for the culinary arts program
- special student trips
- athletic equipment
- computers and software for faculty and staff
Senior Awards and Student Scholarships
As a way of providing direct support to the students of TSD, we fund Senior Awards and Student Scholarships on an annual basis:
- Senior Awards: Upon graduation, several TSD seniors who have a grade-point average of 3.0 (or above) are given senior awards (ranging from $100 to $1,250 each) to help offset college expenses.
- Student Scholarships: Based on need, TSDF also gives student scholarships to more than 35 students, covering 50% of their enrollment fees and making it possible for them to attend TSD’s summer educational programs and youth leadership camps. These summer programs and leadership camps enhance academic and life skills through fun and enriching activities, such as field trips, physical activities, arts-and-crafts, and more.